Our culturally-appropriate health and wellbeing services provide community members with a full range of services to help address general health and identified Aboriginal health issues such as chronic disease, cardio-vascular disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, poor diet and nutritional health, eye health, ear health, contagious diseases, drug and alcohol related issues, mental health and emotional and spiritual wellbeing. Our medical centre provides quality care with specialist services from visiting podiatrists, cardiologists, dieticians and physiotherapists.
Biripi helps families and individuals to access and participate in Aboriginal community activities, programs and events. We also encourage families and the wider community to participate in health promotion activities such as dental check-ups, medical checks and other services.
- Administrative roles
Type of vacancy:
- As part of an aged care team, be responsible for in-home assessments, needs planning and coordination of day-to-day activities to meet desired client outcomes.
- Promote Biripi ACMC Home Care Package services to potential and existing clients and their families.
- Actively contribute to maintaining clients' home and social environments in which emotional, physical, spiritual, cultural and ageing needs are acknowledged and supported.
- Liaise with clients, family members, GPs and other health care providers to identify clients' individualised goals and develop and review clients' support plans.
- Complete Biripi ACMC documentation to a required standard including maintaining clients' records and electronic systems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure services are provided in a manner that promotes the personal values of the client and which adhere to relevant codes of ethics, standards and legislation relating to professional practice and the home care common standards.
- Assist clients in meeting their needs in accordance with their support plan and goal planning using a consumer-directed approach.
- Assist the aged care manager to prepare, manage and monitor client budgets in relation to care provision. Communicate with clients, relatives, colleagues and others in a professional and respectful manner.
- Provide services in a responsible, cost effective and efficient manner with appropriate use of resources.
- Lodge all required reports to the Commonwealth Department of Human Services.
- Regularly update My Aged Care website and e-tools program.
- Be proactive in updating and developing knowledge and skills required for this professional role.
- Develop close working relationships with relevant services, community groups and organisations.
- Actively collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to ensure that clients support plans are relevant and appropriate.
- Communicate appropriately with clients and families and advocate in regards to: clients' individualised goals, develop support plans, respond to queries, and provide information, education and training regarding services and care.
For details, please download the position description (.docx)