The Rirratjingu Aboriginal Corporation (RAC) was founded in 1984 by the late Dadayŋa Marika ‘Roy’ Marika, MBE and father of Indigenous land rights in Australia.
The corporation is based in Yirrkala (Wurrulnga), a remote Indigenous community sitting in the Gove Peninsula in the west Arnhem Land region of the Northern Territory. Yirrkala, the township, is located 20 minutes from Nhulunbuy.
The traditional landowners of the country are the Yolgnu people whose language is Dhangu. RAC created Bunuwal Investments Pty Ltd (Bunuwal) as an investment arm designed to seek business and investment opportunities to enhance long-term economic capacity and prepare for the day when mining royalties are no longer forthcoming.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
- accommodation and utilities free of charge
- vehicle for business and reasonable private use
- mobile telephone
- five weeks' annual leave plus 17.5% leave loading
- $5000 annual leave travel reimbursement
Bunuwal is now seeking a multi-talented CEO to take the organisation to the next level.
While the successful candidate will be employed by Bunuwal Investments it also includes CEO responsibilities and oversight for the Rirratjingu Aboriginal Corporation (the corporation registered under the CATSI Act) and Rirratjingu Mining Pty Ltd. You will also work closely with Rirratjingu Fuel, a jointly owned business venture.
The Rirratjingu Aboriginal Corporation receives royalty monies. The corporation use these funds to provide for the needs and benefits of the Rirratjingu people today while investing for a post-mining era where royalty funds will no longer be available.
Bunuwal Investments Pty Ltd and other subsidiaries are part of the long-term investment by the Rirratjingu Aboriginal Corporation to establish profitable business ventures and engage in active and passive investments for the future.
The CEO will report to, and be accountable to, the board of directors for each corporate entity. Your focus will be on implementation of key strategic and operational priorities that are in place for both the Rirratjingu Aboriginal Corporation and Bunuwal Investments Pty Ltd.
You will manage a small team of staff including three executive positions (Finance, Business, Social). Key performance indicators are in place and reflect high level CEO responsibilities including oversight of financial administration, the distribution and expenditure of funds, management of executive staff, oversight of an investment portfolio, the creation of wealth for the organisation, oversight of all legal matters, corporate compliance and stakeholder relationship management.
You must be post-graduate degree qualified with strong interpersonal skills, a high level of personal integrity, experience working with remote Aboriginal corporations and an exceptional communicator with strong stakeholder management skills.
If you also have the following, we would love to hear from you:
- Senior management experience demonstrated over a minimum of 5 years
- High level business communication skills and proven ability to communicate cross culturally
- Prior experience in Indigenous business or economic development
- A real flair for team leadership including the ability to create a positive work culture whilst also delivering outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage risk and drive stakeholder satisfaction and engagement.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Appointment to this position will be subject to a National Police Check and a Working with Children Check (or vulnerable persons check).
We offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Attractive remuneration package
- Housing and a vehicle
- Opportunity to really make a difference
- Chance to help secure the long-term future for the Rirratjingu people.
Contact person and how to apply:
Kelli Dragos, Abundance Human Resources:
- phone 0419 419 554
- email email@example.com