Mungabareena Aboriginal Corporation ‘MAC’ is an Aboriginal community-controlled health and community organisation situated in Wodonga, north-east Victoria. The corporation is member-based, representing and delivering community-centred services to the Indigenous people in the service region. MAC strives to meet the changing social support needs and aspirations of its people from a grass-roots level.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
The role of the CEO position is to lead and coordinate all aspects and objectives of MAC and to establish strong leadership and community links, working to protect the cultural heritage and manage the business and financial interests.
The successful candidate will report to the board and an independent finance, audit and risk committee (FRAC) in relation to risk and financial matters.
Initially a fixed term performance-based contract of 3 years is on offer. There will be potential to renew for a longer term subject to consistent satisfactory performance against key performance indicators and subject to ongoing funding.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons with the requisite skills are encouraged to apply.
- Implement the Vision and objectives of the Board for the benefit of the local community
- Integration of leadership priorities across staffing, community and organisation strategies
- Manage a staff of approximately 20–25 people
- Manage assets maintenance program
- Manage multiple projects through direct report manager lines
- Build networks and support strategic partnerships and stakeholder management
- Alignment of services across the corporation and expansion of current and new funding and revenue alternatives
- Implement the strategic, financial and operational plans as approved by the Board
- Ensure the provision of high quality, effective and efficient publicly funded services through building strong partnerships with various stakeholders
- Establish systems and programs that will grow and support the local community
- Management of effective governance and accountability measures
- Be able to develop budgets and financial reports and also interpret funding agreements, as well an understanding of the consequences and impacts of service level agreements
- Senior management experience in a comparable role
- Operational leader who can progress continuous improvement and business initiatives
- Understanding and commitment to Victorian Aboriginal health, Aboriginal culture and the philosophy and practice of Aboriginal community-controlled health organisations
- Exceptional interpersonal and consultation skills with a influential manner and presence
- Ability to motivate and engage a team in operational daily work of an organisation
- Demonstrated adherence to organisational behaviour standards and values, and ability to act with respect, honesty and integrity
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in business / commerce
- Experience working in Indigenous health or health care sector
- Ability to develop funding proposals and manage the deliverables
Contact person and how to apply:
Alan Eldridge, phone 02 6024 7599, email Alan.Eldridge@eldridge.com.au