The Centre quickly became an influential model for other art projects in the area, and in 1992 a cultural exchange program saw the group exhibiting in New Zealand. Despite widespread funding cuts to Art Centres during the 90’s, Keringke has flourished in recent times and is now a vital component of the area’s cultural, social and economic fabric.
- Senior management
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
- Nominal working hours are 38 hours per week, including required travel.
- Five weeks annual leave.
- Time in lieu (TOIL) conditions apply for hours worked outside of contracted hours.
- A 4WD vehicle is available for the use of the manager to travel to and from Alice Springs and to conduct other approved corporation travel.
- Furnished accommodation is available in the community which consists of a two bedroom residence.
- The cost of accommodation, including utilities and reasonable repairs is included in the salary package.
- The ability to salary sacrifice will be made available.
The key responsibilities of the position are managing the art centre, and overseeing business and financial operations including supervising staff and volunteers. This includes ensuring operating systems are effective, implementing policies, and developing strategic relationships within the cultural, arts, tourism, indigenous and economic development sectors. The manager reports directly to the board of directors.