Julalikari Council Aboriginal Corporation (JCAC) is governed by an elected body representing the Aboriginal community of Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly region. JCAC’s functions and services include delivery of community development, arts & culture, building maintenance, land management, employment programs and community services.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
Forming part of the executive management team, the executive manager, business services is integral to achieving the vision of JCAC by maximising the strategic opportunities available to the organisation and its related entities by identifying, pursuing and implementing economic development proposals and opportunities. Current commercial interests include:
- Nyinkka Nyunyu Art and Culture Centre;
- BP Service Station (joint venture arrangement);
- Foodbarn IGA (joint venture arrangement); and
- housing and construction.
Crucial to the role is the ability to:
- think and plan strategically in conjunction with the Executive Management Team to achieve organisational objectives;
- lead and develop culturally diverse and geographically dispersed teams;
- establish and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders;
- hold accountability for contract management, budgets, performance frameworks and performance analysis;
- identify and develop opportunities for business growth; and
- demonstrate a practical ‘hands on’ approach to leadership.
The executive manager, business services will be a highly resourceful team player, with an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for sales and a proven track record of success, who takes a hands-on approach to building business opportunities.
It is a requirement of Julalikari for executive managers to provide a current National Police Certificate and a current Ochre Card (Working with Children Check).
Julalikari reserves the right to immediately terminate employment and/or withdraw offers of employment where it is deemed previous criminal (unspent) charges and/or pending charges may bring the corporation and/or programs or services delivered by the corporation into disrepute.
In addition, from time to time, funding bodies require executive managers to undertake a ‘financial and credential check’. Anomalies raised may result in employment being terminated and/or an alternative role being provided.
A current drivers licence is a requirement of the role.
Candidates for the position must address the following selection criteria.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a business development role, or similar area.
- An ability to develop through knowledge and understanding of the marketplace in which JCAC and its related entities operate, including a demonstrated awareness of the relevant policy context.
- Strategic and analytical skills and demonstrated capacity to provide high level financial and 'opportunity' analysis of potential income-generating activities with the ability to identify, assess and develop business proposals.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong networks across a diverse stakeholder group and a demonstrated aptitude for gaining agreement to proposals and ideas by ensuring buy-in and ownership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts using plain English.
- Previous experience working with Aboriginal Australians and/or organisations and/or a demonstrated understanding of the social, economic and environmental factors impacting on remote communities.
- Tertiary qualifications in business services (ie. Commerce, Economics, Business Administration, etc)
- Experience in project management and driving the lifecycle of projects.
Contact person and how to apply:
- Telephone: (08) 8962 2699
- Email: email@example.com
The applicant will be selected based on their application, interview and referee checks.