Lirrwi Tourism was established in 2010 to develop, support and promote Yolŋu tourism in Arnhem Land.
Its main objective is to create a new economy for Yolŋu people in Arnhem Land through tourism. It does this by bringing people together to share Yolŋu culture, connecting Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people.
This is an exciting opportunity for to coordinate the delivery of cultural tours in Arnhem Land.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
Supply single accommodation or provide rental subsidy
Airfares to and from any Australian airport
Uniform provided to appropriate role
Cultural awareness training
The role of the tour coordinator is to coordinate tour logistics and be responsible for the delivery of high quality tours for Lirrwi’s customers.
- Planning tour logistics - food, materials, equipment
- Coordinate pre and post tour work
- Provide support to Yolngu guides
- Transfer skills to Lirrwi staff as appropriate
- Ensure risk management is implemented on tours
- Provide support to operations coordinator as appropriate
- Monitor stock levels for tour food and materials
The successful applicant will have:
- Strong experience in a hands on remote tourism role
- High level of organisational skills
- Strong people skills and customer focus
- A strong work ethic and be energetic
- Ability to work unsupervised to deadlines
- Cooking skills
- Experience in remote driving
- Valid driver’s licence to MR classification with driver authorisation
- Senior first aid certificate
- Ochre card (working with children) or ability to obtain one
- Experience working with Indigenous people
- Good knowledge of flora and fauna
- Language such as German, French, Japanese
Contact person and how to apply:
Phone: (07) 7031 1390