The Bawinanga Aboriginal Corporation (BAC) is one of Australia's oldest outstation resource agencies, established in 1974 to support those people who chose to live on their clan estates in Arnhem Land, rather than in the government settlement of Maningrida. In 1979 it was incorporated under the Federal Aboriginal Councils and Associations Act and today is a corporation under the CATSI Act.
Over the past 35 years BAC has developed a portfolio of services and supports over 800 clients living on the 32 outstations in an area of approximately 10,000 square kilometres. BAC operates an employment program (CDP) which engages with approximately 600 participants and employs a further 230 salaried staff.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
12 per cent superannuation
Generous leave entitlements with six weeks annual leave
BAC has an opportunity for a dedicated corporate services manager to join their friendly team in Maningrida on a full-time basis. Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of BAC’s corporate services, including finance, human resources, asset management, and information and communications technology.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing information and advice to the CEO in regards to BAC corporate services, and the implementation of agreed management decisions
- Managing and coordinating the corporate service team to ensure team activities are planned and prioritised in accordance with BAC policy and funding accountabilities
- Liaising with funding bodies and other agencies, as required
- Providing support and advice to other managers within BAC
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities within the business services area.
Contact person and how to apply:
Enquiries are welcome and should be made to Karl Dyason at BAC on 08) 8979 6558 or email email@example.com before to 14 February 2016.
Applications should be submitted through http://applynow.net.au/jobs/75504-corporate-services-manager
Written applications will be shortlisted and suitable candidates will be interviewed by a selection panel.