Ngaanyatjarra Council Aboriginal Corporation (NCAC) assists the Ngaanyatjarra communities to be strong and sustainable. It also provides reliable essential services, bookkeeping, agency and road transport, fuel distribution, health services, community services and housing. NCAC represents the interests of around 2,000 Ngaanyatjarra, Pintupi and Pitjantjatjara people living in 12 communities in the Central Desert region of Western Australia.
- Project officer roles
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
The role of the municipal services officer (MSO) is to coordinate and carry out the delivery of municipal services in the Ngaanyatjarra Communities. Municipal service activities include:
- power, water and sewerage maintenance: includes checking of powerhouse fuel tank/oil/coolant levels, maintaining powerhouse facility and solar panels, inspection and maintenance of bores, checking and maintenance of sewerage facilities and reporting to the RAESP service provider
- maintaining internal community roads: includes filling of pot holes and maintenance of drainage
- airstrip maintenance: includes routine and essential maintenance of community airstrips (such as fencing repairs and airstrip clearing)
- maintenance of community assets, building and infrastructure – includes the carrying out of routine checks, maintenance of assets, reporting on fuel use, reporting break-downs
- landscaping and fire protection – includes slashing, tree planting, watering and clean up of potential fire hazards
- waste disposal: includes garbage collection, litter control and rubbish tip maintenance.
The MSO is also required to increase Indigenous participation in the workforce by coordinating, supporting and providing effective supervision to the locally engaged municipal services work teams.
The MSO will also assist in the annual development and quarterly review of municipal service plans.
Contact person and how to apply:
For detailed information about the role please refer to the job description. Applications must be received by close of business on 31 August 2015 and should be addressed to:
Human Resources Manager
PO Box 644
Ph: 08 8950 1719
Fax: 08 8953 1892
Mobile: 0438 528 070