Winun Ngari Aboriginal Corporation (WNAC) began its operations more than 30 years ago in Derby, Western Australia. WNAC became a corporate entity under the Aboriginal Corporation Act in 1983 and started with just a few staff managing and administering the Community Development and Employment Program (CDEP) to handful of Aboriginal communities. WNAC currently provides a range of community services to approximately 15 communities in the West Kimberley in addition to the town of Derby.
The organisation serves a population of about 4,400 people from a range of age groups and backgrounds. The support WNAC provides to remote communities differs from community to community but includes enterprise and business development, employment and training, health and wellbeing, and governance and administration.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
Vehicle, relocation assistance, 9.5 per cent SGC, travel allowance capped at $800, four weeks annual leave + one week remote leave
Financial and compliance
- Monitor and analyse the corporation’s financial performance
- Ensure compliance with taxation, industrial relations, accounting and corporations legislation as well as internal policies
- Provide a bookkeeping service to communities
- Ensure compliant cash and banking processes and procedures
- Report to the CEO, board and management team on financial performance
- Prepare funding agreement acquittals
- Prepare month-end and annual reports; internal and external
- Preparation of BAS statements
- Develop all direct reports
- Establish performance agenda for the team
- Monitor performance of all direct reports against their KPIs
- Multi-skill the team to ensure coverage
Contact person and how to apply:
Applications should be submitted either by post to PO Box 500, Derby WA 6728 or email to: email@example.com
Please phone Kerry-Ann Brown on (08) 9191 1877 for further information about the position or a copy of the position description.