Nyamba Buru Yawuru Ltd (NBY) is the commercial arm of the yawuru Native Title Holders Aboriginal Corporation RNTBC (ICN 7033) and is a public benevolent institution and registered charity.
Its objectives are to provide community services that relieve poverty, suffering, distress, misfortune and disability for Indigenous individuals and families in the Broome region of Western Australia. NBY strives to do this in a manner that promotes the maintenance and advancement of Indigenous culture and interests.
For further information visit http://www.yawuru.com.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
The constitution of Nyamba Buru Yawuru Ltd (NBY) allows for the nomination and appointment of two independent directors to its board.
NBY is seeking expressions of interest from experienced and qualified people interested in being appointed as an independent director. This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic and skilled individual to support and assist NBY successfully achieve and deliver its aims and strategic objectives
The ideal candidate will:
- be prepared to commit to the vision, goals and values of the NBY and the Yawuru People
- have background and expertise in one or more of financial management, law or business management
- have experience in leadership, strategic planning, policy development and high-level decision making
- be familiar with or genuinely willing to learn about contemporary Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander context
- be able to develop the technical proficiency of fellow directors within the applicant’s area of expertise
- promote the respect of the spiritual forces and safeguard the cultural knowledge associated with the lands
- display a genuine desire to work with Yawuru People.
Contact person and how to apply:
To apply, please send:
- a copy of your current CV
- an expression of interest (maximum three pages) demonstrating how you meet the selection criteria
Rodney Ogilvie, Human Resources Manager -- email: email@example.com or phone (08) 9192 9609.
Applications close: cob Thursday 15 January 2015