Yuendumu Women’s Centre Aboriginal Corporation is located in Yuendumu in the Northern Territory.
- Business support
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
The Yuendumu Family and Domestic Violence Worker (YFDVW) works directly under the Yuendumu Women’s Centre Coordinator.
The YFDVW will work in a culturally appropriate, community development orientated manner to provide family and domestic violence services in Yuendumu.
Responsibilities include developing and delivering appropriate services at the Yuendumu Women’s Safe House, providing ongoing case work support to women and their families who experience family and domestic violence in Yuendumu, supporting the development of Warlpiri staff for these services, providing community education programming to the broader Yuendumu community, and working in partnership with other agencies to identify and respond to family and domestic violence issues within the community.
The YFDVW will work 38 hours a week in daytime hours and may be on call for crisis support at the Women’s Safe House. Ordinary work days will be from Wednesday to Sunday with Mondays and Tuesdays off.
The YFDVW will be paid an NTPS award salary package to $80,000.00 depending on qualifications and experience. Benefits include subsidised accommodation.
- Provide specialist family and domestic violence crisis support to women accessing the Yuendumu Women’s Safe House.
- Provide specialist ongoing family and domestic violence case work support to women and their families in Yuendumu.
- Provide family violence focused community education activities to the broad Yuendumu community.
- Supervise, mentor, support, and facilitate ongoing access to training for local Aboriginal staff at the Yuendumu Women’s Safe House.
- Establish protocols and procedures for internal use by Women’s Safe House staff which ensures appropriate safety, confidentiality, and legality.
- Work in partnership with other Yuendumu-based agencies to establish MOUs and other appropriate protocols for interagency cooperation to better support women and their families who experience domestic and family violence.
- Establish and formalise appropriate referral pathways for service users to specialist services.
- As directed by the Yuendumu Women’s Centre Coordinator, record and report statistical information about Safe House use and other program activities
- As directed by the Yuendumu Women’s Centre Coordinator, liaise with appropriate government and non-government funding bodies to seek appropriate ongoing funding for a sustainable, ongoing service for the Safe House
Contact person and how to apply:
To obtain the applicant job pack please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For inquiries about the position please phone Cheryl North on (08) 8956 4138.