Winun Ngari Aboriginal Corporation (WNAC) began its operations more than 30 years ago in Derby, Western Australia. WNAC became a corporate entity under the Aboriginal Corporation Act in 1983 and started with just a few staff managing and administering the Community Development and Employment Program (CDEP) to handful of Aboriginal communities. WNAC currently provides a range of community services to approximately 15 communities in the West Kimberley in addition to the town of Derby.
The organisation serves a population of about 4,400 people from a range of age groups and backgrounds. The support WNAC provides to remote communities differs from community to community but includes enterprise and business development, employment and training, health and wellbeing, and governance and administration
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
Development training and study support.
The opportunity to live, work and travel in the beautiful West Kimberley.
Making a difference to the lives of people and communities
Processing and compliance
- The provision of an accurate payroll service for WNAC and RJCP; including collection of timesheets, compiling zone spread sheets, payment of deductions, emailing remittances and pay-slips
- Preparation of reports including superannuation, deductions, and PAYG summary statements
- Reconciliation of wages and preparation of reports for year end
- Preparation of PAYG summary statements and lodgement of PAYG summary report with the ATO
- Ensure compliance with taxation, industrial relations, accounting and corporations’ legislation as well as internal policies
- Process invoices for payment when required and follow up on payments received
- Process purchase orders (POs) on request
- Process invoices once received (converting POs to invoices)
- Match invoices to statements for payment
- Check invoice account and job code allocations and amounts and payment of same
- Create ABA files for payment of accounts and forwarding of BPAY payments for processing
- Provide an effective customer-centric service for the corporation's suppliers, communities and RJCP employees
- Handle all incoming accounts inquiries in a courteous manner
- Pro-actively manage issues before customers contact the corporation
- Filing of paid accounts
- Other activities as directed by the manager
Contact person and how to apply:
Applications should be submitted either by post to PO Box 500 Derby WA 6728 or email to email@example.com
Please phone Kerry-Ann Brown on (08) 9191 1877 for further information about the position or a copy of the position description.