Ngarluma Aboriginal Corporation (NAC) is the governing body responsible for the management of native title and the provision of services to the Ngarluma people, the traditional land owners of the coastal areas around Roebourne, located in the West Pilbara, Western Australia.
More information about NAC is available at its website: www.ngarluma.com.au.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
The following will also be offered:
- rental subsidy (in accordance with NAC policy)
- mobile phone and allowance
- laptop computer.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Legal Counsel to provide expert legal advice and support to NAC and its group of entities.
Reporting to the CEO, the Legal Counsel will advise to the Board and Ngarluma people on corporate, commercial and native title issues, corporate governance and compliance obligations and implement policies to minimise risk. Key to your success will be your ability to build strong relationships with mining companies, government agencies and other stakeholders, as you manage the conduct of native title claims and represent the organisation on issues related to the management and use of land.
You will manage all commercial contracts, including the drafting, review and negotiation of joint venture and land use agreements. Briefing external legal providers and compliance work will also form part of your role.
The successful candidate will possess:
- a minimum of three years relevant experience
- demonstrated experience in commercial, property, native title and mining law
- demonstrated experience in reporting at board level
- outstanding stakeholder management and communication skills
- working knowledge of Aboriginal community aspirations
- a strong work ethic and the ability to work as part of a team.
Contact person and how to apply:
Applicants must address the selection criteria and provide a resume outlining qualifications and experience. See the applicant job pack which includes the selection criteria.
For further information about the position please contact Tony Pepper on 0409 685 421.
Applications close at 5 pm WST on Friday, 28 November 2014.