Balgo Hills is situated in the south-east Kimberley region of Western Australia. Balgo is a small Aboriginal Community which is linked with both the Great Sandy Desert and the Tanami Desert. The Community is in the Shire of Halls Creek WA. Balgo has a population of over 400 people and is a dry community.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
The successful applicant will have a high level of skills and knowledge relevant to the major functions of a Chief Executive Officer of a local Aboriginal Corporation.
A sound knowledge of Aboriginal culture, strategic planning & management, financial management, community development, funding body requirements and human resource management.
The CEO’s key duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- manage the day to day operations of WAC in consultation with directors
- contribute to the strategic leadership and management of the corporation under the direction of the Directors of the corporation.
- oversee the operation of activities relating to the core funded programs.
- communicate effectively with community members, government representatives and non-government organisation
- work collaboratively with funding bodies and consultants to initiate strategies and projects to develop governance capacity of community.
Contact person and how to apply:
Human Resources Manager
Ph: 0458 613 493
Your application must include:
- your current curriculum vitae (resume)
- a written statement addressing each selection criteria
- contact details of two recent referees
- a copy of any trade or academic qualifications relevant to the position.
Your application should be typed. If not, make sure your handwriting is neat and easy to read.