Kal’ang Aboriginal Respite Care Centre is a registered not-for-profit Aboriginal corporation that is funded to provide a range of respite and care services to ageing and disabled Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, as well as non-Indigenous clients on the Fraser Coast, Qld.
Type of vacancy:
Salary and conditions:
- To manage the Maryborough Centre of Kal’ang; supervise social support staff; manage and coordinate all non-client requirements; reception, insurance, security, groundsman/cleaning, pest control, IT systems, fleet, warranties, documentation management, purchasing, finances
- To provide positive leadership and management which enables small teams of workers to deliver and continually improve high quality support in line with people’s needs, agreed outcomes, aspirations and individual budgets
- To assist the organisation to implement the approved policies and procedures of Kal’ang as necessary to ensure compliance with current state and federal service standards, as well as ensuring adherence to the Documentation Management System
- Ensure that the organisation is addressing all continuous improvement actions throughout each audit period
- To assist the coordinator and centre supervisor in the design and development of new and existing services to creatively meet the support needs of people within the Wide Bay District
- To ensure that all services are managed within the policies, practices and quality assurance systems of Kal’ang, operating within the Federal Care Standards, Code of Conduct and Health & Safety legislation.
- In time, and growth of the Maryborough office substantiates a requirement, this position will have direct responsibility for the management of staff based at the Maryborough satellite office, as well as a responsibility to ensure that staff are following current policies and procedures of Kal’ang.
- This position has responsibility for expenditure and development of budget of the Maryborough satellite office.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Contact person and how to apply:
If you wish to discuss the position or need help completing your application please contact:
Ms Susan Knight
Human Resources Manager
Ph: (07) 4124 7780
Send your application to: email@example.com
Your application must include:
- a covering letter briefly covering the selection criteria
- your current resume.